The Nature of PlayRegular price $24.00
Suggesting an antidote to our era of ever-present screens and passive play, The Nature of Play, offers simple, seasonal activities encouraging children (and the adults who love them) to play with and among nature – whether they live among skyscrapers or fields.
The Nature of Play is packed with plentiful ideas for simple, fascinating seasonal ideas for nature-based play all year long, from long-beloved rainy day games to intrepid outdoor adventures, including:
– Learning how to find your way using nature’s signs
– Cooking delicious food over a fire you’ve carefully built
– Weaving a timeless basket
– Hosting a special summertime party
– Tuning up your bike
…as well as nature guides, recipes and poems to take celebrate the turning of the seasons, and conversations with extraordinary people.
From the pure joy of flying a homemade kite to the nocturnal magic of stargazing, this is a book for children and adults alike to turn to, whatever the weather.
soft cover, 216 pp
17.5 x 23 cm
Hiccup Makes a LeapRegular price $19.99
A warm, funny, absurd tale about picking yourself up, putting yourself out there, and making your invaluable, idiosyncratic contribution to the world from the makers of The Nature of Play.
All Hiccup wants is to be appreciated. His friends are embarrassed by him, strangers try to scare him away – so Hiccup decides to prove his worth by finding a job.
But – HIC! – he just can’t seem to stop causing chaos.
Can Hiccup ever stop erupting long enough to find his place in the world?
– A fable for modern times, gently – and humorously – reminding children of their innate value.
– Supports development of positive emotional qualities of tenacity, confidence and self-worth.
– Models skills of positive self-talk for children.
Size: 52 pp; 27 x 21 cm
Printed in the U.K.
Wooden Tool SetRegular price $59.00
Beautifully made wooden tools by Fanny & Alexander.
Made in solid rubber wood with contrasting Sapele teak wood.
4 wooden tools in a cardboard box